Hitman Pro 3 is a fast all-in-one tool to locate, identify and remove viruses, spyware, trojans, rootkits and other malware. Hitman Pro 3 will quickly show if your PC is infected with malicious software.
Research shows that many computers are infected, even if they have an up-to-date security suite installed, and that a combination of different anti malware programs would be required to prevent infection.
Hitman Pro 3 uses innovative cloud computing techniques to detect and remove potential malware threats with minimal impact on system performance.
Features of Hitman Pro 3.7:
- Recognizes and removes viruses, trojans, rootkits, spyware and other malware.
- Revolutionary innovation in scanning technique to distinguish between malicious and safe software without signatures.
- Short scan time - searches the system within a few minutes.
- No extra system load.
- Impossible to make false positives on important systems files thanks to "profiling" and whitelisting.
- Multi-vendor identification of malware in our real-time "Scan Cloud".
- Automatically restores common system alterations made by malicious software.
- Creates a check point in System Restore before removing malicious software.
- Removes resistant threats using native NT boot-time deleter.
- Removes references to malicious software (like shortcuts and registry entries).
- Free malware scan.
- Free online support in English, German and Dutch.
The Hitman Pro 3 executable can be downloaded and run straight from a USB Flash Drive, CD/DVD, local or network attached hard drive and will quickly reveal the presence of any malware.It will scan your PC in a few minutes and detect files that are potentially malware using a Behavioral Scan.The actual identification of these potential malware files is then done on the Hitman Pro servers - the "Scan Cloud".
To understand how Hitman Pro 3 works we first need to describe a few fundamental characteristics of malicious software and your Windows PC.
Like everything else, malicious software always has a purpose. The malware writer only wants one thing: money. The traditional virus that cripples or destroys your PC is now quite rare. To make money the virus needs to be run and stay resident on the PC. This way the malicious software can steal your personal data, show pop-ups, or install fake software programs. The software can even turn your PC into a zombie as part of a botnet, using your PC to send spam or be part of a cyber attack. Of course, all this is going on without you noticing anything. To keep doing this, the malicious software needs to start automatically and protect itself from being removed by security software.
On a single Windows PC there are thousands of files with a limited number of these files being "executables" and "associated data files", which have file extensions like EXE, DLL, SYS, etc. They belong to for example a word processor, a spreadsheet program or a photo editing program.To work properly, the malicious program must be an executable file.
Hitman Pro 3 looks for executables like drivers and other automatically starting software programs. These are active in memory, communicate with the internet and potentially try to make themselves invisible. From an average of 400,000 files on your PC typically only 2000 are interesting enough for Hitman Pro 3 to classify.
Hitman tries to determine:
- where a file comes from
- how it got on your PC
- which publisher created it
- what purpose it has
- whether it can be uninstalled appropriately
- if it is visible for the user and through Windows API's
- if it's communicating with unreliable computers on the internet
- if it's compressed or encrypted
- if it has anomalies commonly found in malicious software
- what people say about the file on security related websites
These are just a few of the details that Hitman Pro 3 collects, understands and associates. This method is what we call the Behavioral Scan.Hitman Pro 3 uses as many characteristics of safe and malicious software as possible. After classifying only a handful remain interesting enough for further investigation. Each file is fingerprinted and sent to our Scan Cloud. This cloud determines if a file is safe, unsafe or unknown. Unknown files on your PC are physically sent to the Scan Cloud where the files are scanned, in just seconds, by trusted anti-malware software from our trusted partners.
Hitman Pro 3 does not leave a program running in the background that continuously checks incoming e-mail and downloaded files for malware. Therefore you need to scan your PC regularly to ensure your PC is not infected.
Hitman Pro 3 can be used in combination with any other security suite. Scanning your PC for malware with Hitman Pro 3 will always be free so if you already have a security suite on your PC, it is an ideal program to make sure your security suite has not missed anything.
The Behavioral Scan in Hitman Pro 3 does not need to monitor your system constantly to discover suspicious behavior. Most behavioral blocking programs need to monitor continuously. Hitman Pro 3 uses the knowledge from multiple anti-malware partners to identify the files on your system, which makes it exceptionally usable for non-technical computer users, who cannot answer incoherent questions about for example new system services or registry entries. In addition, Hitman Pro 3 knows upfront which files are not interesting and which belong to the operating system. This is done by checking the (valid) digital signatures on executable files and a white list containing signatures of known safe files. Hitman Pro 3 has signatures of all important files from Windows 2000 to Windows 7 (RC). After a quick check, these files are automatically detected as safe.
What's New in HitmanPro 3.7.9 Build 242:
- IMPROVED: Remnant scan
- FIXED: Rare Illegal Instruction exception caused by bug in MSVCR120 on 64-bit system
- UPDATED: Polish language
1. Kerio WinRoute Firewall 6.7.1 Build 6544
2. SuperAntiSpyware 6.0.1168
3. HijackThis 2.0.5 Beta
4. Password Safe 3.30
5. Spyware Terminator 2015 22.214.171.124